Enjoy our 5 step selling guide
to sell your home
Your real estate agent works for you
You want an agent that is experienced, knows the market and is easy to work with. Take the time to interview a few agents to get a feel for their professional style and experience.
Questions to ask your Real Estate Agent
- How many houses have you sold in the past year?
- How long have you been in the business?
- How do you plan to market my home?
- How well do you know this neighborhood?
- Can you provide references?
Most agents rely on referrals as their primary way to find clients. Ask around for someone that has had a good experience with his or her realtor.
Our experienced My Way agents are more than willing to provide you with references, sit down with you, and review a complete marketing plan for the sale of your home.
Put yourself in the shoes of the buyer
What will he or she experience when they walk into your home? Your number one goal is to create an atmosphere that will allow your buyer to imagine what it would be like to live in your house.
Quick Tips to making your home showable
- Your home should be spotlessly clean including windows, rugs and appliances.
- Your yard should be manicured and free of debris.
- Minor repairs should be completed-no broken steps, torn blinds or missing fence boards.
- Declutter counters, closets and cupboards.
- Remove all personal photos.
- Remove excess artwork – one picture per wall.
- Ensure your home smells good-use a few room fresheners, if need be. This is particularly important if you have pets.
Again, you want the buyer to see their personal effects in your home, NOT YOURS! Your My Way agent will be able to offer suggestions, or refer you to a professional home stager.
Price will be your most important consideration
Your My Way agent will have provided you with a current market analysis so your home is priced to attract quality offers.
The listing agreement
Once you have signed your listing agreement with your agent, he or she will start advertising your property. New listings typically get a lot of activity the first few days. Be prepared for numerous showings. Discuss with your agent how much notice you need before a showing.
The easier your home is to show, the better the chance it will sell quickly!
When you have a showing scheduled
Make sure your home is always “show” ready. Take out the garbage, wash the dishes and secure your pets. It is preferable that you are not home. This gives the buyer the opportunity to speak freely with his agent and allows him or her to have a thorough walk-through.
Your agent is required by law to present all offers
Some offers are stronger than others.
Things to consider in accepting an offer:
- Price and included items, such appliances and window coverings.
- Conditions of sale (also referred to as contingencies), such as home inspection, financing or sale of another home.
- Size of earnest money deposit and time lines for removal of contingencies.
The buyer typically orders and pays for the home inspection
Be prepared for some additional negotiation on repairs depending on what is discovered during the inspection. Your My Mays agent can assist you with this.
Once all of the contingencies from your accepted offer have been satisfied, your real estate will set up a time for you to sign your final documents. Typically move out happens on the same day as closing unless you have pre-arranged a different day.
Congratulations! You have just sold your home!
Connect with a My Way
“My experiences of selling my home and finding a new home for my family couldn’t have gone any better than working with My Way Real Estate Services. They took the time to really understand what we needed and customize to our needs….”
Fred and Greda
Homeowners | Bellevue, WA
Sell smart with modern solutions
and enjoy your experience
Streamline your selling experience. Hire professional Real Estate expert, prep house for listing, go live on market, review and accept offers, sign, close and move out with ease. Make My Way Real Estate your new home for all your selling needs!